Monday, September 10, 2007

MS 150


The ride was incredible! We had 7 riders on the Wells on Wheels team, and we raised $3,626.23 for the National MS Society to help find a cure for MS! We took both days at a pretty light pace. There were people out there with different cycling background. Some of us haven't ridden more than 40 miles in 1 day, others routinely ride 100+ miles. (I was in the 40 mile group!)

Saturday was my first 100 mile ride! I finished day 1 in 6 hours and 20 minutes. The weather was great, it was in the high 70's all day with a light wind.

Sunday we rode another 50 miles. I finished day 2 in 3 hours and 24 minutes. Sunday's weather was cool and VERY windy. We had about a 20 - 30 mph wind out of the NE. Much of the ride was riding directly into the wind or a cross wind. When we turned south, it was great. We were going 25 mph without even pedaling!

No comments: